Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cerclage complete.

I had the cerlage Thursday.

The morning started early with our arrival at RMH at 6:30 am.

They first tried to settle us into the room where I was when I lost Eleanna. After I said something they moved me next door. They put in my IV and took some blood. I also was doing a 24 hour urine test for a protein reference for my high bp.

Dr. came in and did a quick ultrasound to check the babies. Both had good heartbeats and she made a comment that baby B had a cute foot. :)

They sent the anesthesiologist in to explain the spinal block. The spinal proved to be the most uncomfortable part of the day.

At 8:00 am they took me down to the OR. It was freezing in there. Which I do understand why. OR's are cold to promote the sterile environment. By the time we were done with surgery I was so cold I could not control my shivering.

They gave me the spinal block. It hurt. I'm not going to lie. They give you a bit of numbing meds and then inject the meds right into your spine. As I'm typing this I can still feel where the injection was. Soon after my legs began to feel like the had fallen asleep. You know that kind of pins and needles feeling. They had my legs "tied" up in the air when I lost all feeling so when they put them down it still felt like the were in the air...such a strange feeling. The surgery seemed to last a long time. I could feel tugging and pulling. When the surgery was over Dr. Platt said that my cervix was open a bit. So, it's a good thing that we did not wait on doing the surgery.

They then moved me up to recovery. At this point I was shaking from being so cold. They had to put several blankets on me to get me warmed up. I was also starving at this point. I did not get sick from the spinal at all. It did feel so strange to not be able to move my legs for at least and hour or so after.

The Dr. came in with the ultrasound and checked on the babies again. They both were really bouncing around in there. She checked over their anatomy and said that their stomach, brain, arms and legs all looked good and healthy. They both had strong heart beats again. I'm not completely sure, but I think I may have been feeling some flutters this week. :)

Shortly after they let me eat some Jello and move back to the regular room. Then I could eat some "real" food. Then we just hung out till my legs, etc. regain their feeling. Which took until 2:30... I could not believe that it took that long. It seemed to take forever.

We got home and I just relaxed for the evening and all day Friday. I felt a little uncomfortable most of the day Friday, but today. It's much better.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Now all we need to do is keep these babies cookin' till June/ July.

1 comment :

Melody said...

So glad things went well! Hoping for 2 very healthy babies!