Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Follicles, Follicles here and there...

Today we went in for my first follicle check and blood work.

I have been on a low dose of Gonal-F 75 IU am and pm. They will be upping my dose to 75 IU am and 112.5 pm. The shots don't really hurt or bother me. Although I think that the Follistim pen was easier to use... They are all done with a tiny little needles...

There seemed to be lots of follicles measuring around 5-8 mm there were not as many measured on my left ovary, but that one "hides". My estrogen level was 133.

I go back on Thursday to see how they are growing. Everything seem to be progressing as it should.

Last night I was able to go to a "Healing Hearts" meeting in Rockford. It was comforting to attend. I have made some great friends with 2 other families who lost babies right around the time we lost Eleanna. We all wish we didn't have to meet, but now they feel like family to me. I love them so much, because I know that they were sent from God to me... I know it may sound crazy. But, really there is no one else who really know how I am feeling like them. I feel so blessed to have them on this journey with me.

I made some little Halloween treats for all in attendance... It was the least I could do for those who have been such a blessing to me.

Since we have moved along a bit in the process I am feeling better. I had this fear that they were going to tell me that I would not be able to do this cycle. Now that things are "normal" and underway I am feeling better.

This past weekend I helped my Pastor at a conference on Evangelism. His talks were on faith sharing so I shared "my message" with other United Methodist members. It felt really great sharing mine & Eleanna's faith story with them...

Pastor & I had a nice chat on the way there and back. I told him that this time around I was going to be uber happy from the start...I have found there is no use in holding back excitement, etc. because of what might happen. The truth is it doesn't make loosing you baby hurt any less not getting as excited about it. This time I will not be cautiously optimistic. I will just be excited for every moment. Weather it's a few days, weeks or a whole 9 months...

Just think in the first few days of November I will know how this cycle played out. I'm planning on a BFP! By Eleanna's due date (November 29) I pray that we will see a tiny heart(s) beating on the ultrasound.

Thanks for reading...




2 comments :

Cori said...

Grow follies Grow!!!!! Praying you see two lines very soon!! Xoxo

The Scott's said...

Yay for lots of follicles! Now grow little follicles!!!