Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

24 Weeks

How big are they: Baby Center says...

24 weeks: Baby is the size of an ear of corn

Your babies have caught up with an ear of corn in size and gained about 1/4 pound since last week. (Length: almost a foot.)
Twin babies, fetuses at 24 weeks - BabyCenter
If I had to guess...I'd say they are somewhere around 2lbs this week.

Maternity Clothes: It's hard to believe but some maternity shirts are a little short...
Weight Gain: Total so far is 17#'s which considering their size at this point seem reasonable.

Belly:It is most certainly growing. The whole world knows that I'm pregnant now.

Stretch Marks: Haven't really noticed anything major.

Sleep: It's a good night if I only get up 2x...

Best Moment of the Week: We registered for our baby showers. Also we have bought a few little things for them too.

Movement: Last night I was laying on the couch they were moving so much they made me jump...it was so funny. Also the cats now think that my belly makes a good pillow... until one of them decides to kick to kick kitty off. It's so funny Baby B sent Cosmo flying one night...lol...

Food Cravings: Milk

Gender: Two little buddy boys...

What I Miss: I'm still missing Eleanna. She'll always be my only little girl...

What I'm Looking Forward to: I'm looking forward to working on some thank you cards this weekend. And also make some artwork for their walls.

Weekly Wisdom: Walking around for 2 hours is exhausting...I'm still trying to recover...

Milestones: We have reached viability! This is a big deal. Below is the survival rates by weeks of gestation. At 24 weeks the Dr.'s will do what they can to sustain life. I have seen other charts with higher rates of survival for 24 weeks. At this point I am feeling really good and have no reason to think that they will be born this week, but it is just good to hit this milestone.

Up until 21 weeks: 0% survival rate

at 22 weeks: 0-10% survival rate

at 23 weeks: 10-35% survival rate

at 24 weeks: 40-70% survival rate

at 25 weeks: 50-80% survival rate

at 26 weeks: 80-90% survival rate

at 27 weeks: greater than 90% survival rate

Emotions: I can't believe how close we are getting... They could very well be here in about 12 weeks.

No comments :