Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

21 Weeks...kind of a big deal...

How big are they: Baby Center says...

21 weeks: Babies are as long as a carrots

Your twins -- are currently the length of a carrot -- weighs about 3/4 of a pound. (Length: 10 1/2 inches, head to heel.)

Maternity Clothes:Recently I put most of my "regular" clothes in totes. This give me more room to put my maternity clothes away. There will need to be some serious purging of my clothes after all of this.
Weight Gain: About 11#'s I need to gain another 9# in 8 weeks or so.

Belly:I feel a little bigger yet again.

Stretch Marks: Haven't really noticed anything major.

Sleep: Still up quite a few times to go to the bathroom. I've also been tossing and turning a lot...

Best Moment of the Week: Sunday we went to get the cribs with Todd's Grandpa. You could tell he was so happy to get them for us. We also went to Red Lobster for lunch. It was such a great family day with Todd's Mom too.

Movement:Certainly feeling them a lot more. This never get old. I have been stalking them to see if I can feel them on the outside, so Todd can feel them too. But, nothing yet.

Symptoms:I am feeling a bit more pain in my hips etc. but nothing major.

Food Cravings: Cereal. Lucky Charms and Reese's Puff taste so awesome.

Gender: Two little buddy boys...

What I Miss: I'm still missing Eleanna. She'll always be my only little girl...

What I'm Looking Forward to: Now that we made it to 21 weeks I'm looking forward to 24 weeks (viability).

Weekly Wisdom: 8:30pm is a great time to go to bed.

Milestones: I've reached 21 weeks. This means that I have been carrying these little guys longer that I did with Eleanna. I'm so happy and thank God for every day I had with her, and for everyday I get to share with my boys. Now it's time to move on to the next milestone... viability, reaching 24 weeks would mean that they would try to save the babies if they were delivered at that point. Of course that is still very early a survival rate it low, but low is better than nil.

Emotions: I am so excited to have their room put together for the most part. There are a few accessories that I want to make yet, but 2 babies could be pretty comfortable in their room right now. After years of infertility and a loss I am so grateful for the opportunity to have a baby's room in my house. There were many times where I thought that room would be a guest room forever. It is such an awesome feeling to sit in there and soak it all in. While Todd put the cribs up I did my first "baby" laundry so I would have sheets to put on their cribs.

No comments :