Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

So frustrated...

Today has been a long day...

The boys were circumcised, had an EKG, and are not progressing as quickly as I would like with eating from a bottle.

Good news is the EKG was fine they just have some normal immaturity issues that will have to be followed up on.  And even though they seem uncomfortable today I'm sure they will recover ok from their circumcision.    


What has me so frustrated is that time seems to just slipping away so quickly and I only have a few precious weeks left before I have to go back to work.  I'm feeling like I am totally getting cheated out of my maternity leave that I worked so hard for.  I feel like my babies will go from being cared for by nurses to being cared for by a babysitter. 

I'm sure all Moms that work feel this way and just wish they could stay home with them.  No matter how I try to make the budget work staying home is not an option.  So, I just have to suck it up an move forward.  I keep praying that every day will be the day I walk in there and they "got it" and we can go home.  But, each day it seems like forever away.  

Don't get me wrong when I start to feel sorry for myself I remember that there are some who will never take their babies home from the NICU.  Or there are those who have been there so much longer than we will be there.

On a happier note the boys had some special people come an hold them this past weekend.
Uncle Steve & Aunt Megan
Aunt Stacy

They are also growing a lot.  They both weigh over 6 1/2lbs.

Parker Practicing his TOUCHDOWN...

Jesse and Great Grandpa Earl on his 90th birthday 6/26/12.


1 comment :

SuzanneinAustralia said...

Oh wow, they are doing so well. How frustrating that you have to go back to work so soon. Praying for your mummy heart

love and hugs

SuzanneinAustralia
Hannah's Prayer