Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One Month Old.

Both Boys continue to eat and grow.

We are working with them on learning to breast feed and take a bottle.  They are making progress, but it's a slow process.  They tire out pretty easy and they are really only awake enough to try about every other feeding time.  I'm assured that there will be a day soon that they will "just get it".  Of course this makes me want to spend more time with them at the NICU making sure that every time they look ready to try to eat that they get a chance to work on it.

They have been growing like weeds.  They both weighed 5lbs 2oz yesterday.  Parker was just a tiny bit heavier by 5 grams.  So he was the big brother.  They have been neck and neck for the last week or so.  Each day they have a competition to see who's the big brother.

They are pretty much grown out of the preemie clothes.  They are getting better at keeping warm and once they catch on to eating they will be out of the isoletes, and in bassinets.

I been pumping everyday since they were born about 6-10 times a day.  I know that it's good for them.  I  make plenty of milk to go around, but honestly I really do not like doing it.  There are times where it's painful, and I'd just rather sleep.  That's where it's harder to have them not with me all the time.  It is easier to pump while I'm there with them and the worst time is pumping in the early morning when all I want to do is sleep.

Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful to have my boys.  I love looking at their adorable faces.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that they are mine.  It's true what they say though.  The pains of infertility do not go away after they are here.  I still feel mad that it took so long and it's been so difficult.  I joke that I have used every bit of medical technology to bring my babies home.  From IVF, to cerclage, to the NICU my children are not just a gift from God, but also from modern medicine.  I'm so thankful to the men and women dedicated to saving these precious babies for us.

Todd will be celebrating his first father's day this weekend.  I wish out little guys were home for this...

Hopefully I can get a picture of them together again.  I had planned to on Monday.

1 comment :

Klimawife said...

I'm so happy they are doing so well. I understand how tiring and difficult pumping is. I hope they are home with you soon.....