Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

26 Weeks

How big are they: Baby Center says...

26 weeks: Baby is the size of an English hothouse cucumber

Your baby is as tall as an English hothouse cucumber and weighs about 1 2/3 pounds. (Length: 14 inches, head to heel.)

If I had to guess...I'd say they are over 2 pounds this week. They weighed 1 1/2 pounds each at 23 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: They are a must these days...
Weight Gain: So far I have gained about 22#. This is right on target.

Belly:I feel more huge every week. Those boy are definitely growing in there.

Stretch Marks: Haven't really noticed anything major, although the area around my belly button feels very stretched.

Sleep: Is a bit more difficult between sinus headaches related to allergies and having to go to the bathroom all the time 4 hours of sleep seems awesome. I suppose that this is preparing me for what's to come. :)

Best Moment of the Week: We received our first baby shower gift in the mail.

Movement: They keep moving more and more. You can see them move from the outside from time to time.

Food Cravings: nothing really this week.

Gender: Two little buddy boys...

What I Miss: I'm still missing Eleanna. She'll always be my only little girl...

What I'm Looking Forward to: I'm looking forward to our baby shower.

Weekly Wisdom: It's important to rest...

Milestones: We've hit 26 weeks...awesome! By next week our survival rate will be over 90%.

Up until 21 weeks: 0% survival rate

at 22 weeks: 0-10% survival rate

at 23 weeks: 10-35% survival rate

at 24 weeks: 40-70% survival rate

at 25 weeks: 50-80% survival rate

at 26 weeks: 80-90% survival rate

at 27 weeks: greater than 90% survival rate

Emotions: I have had some melancholy moments about Eleanna this week. It's still kind of hard thinking about what I would have dressed her in for Easter. I certainly know that my life is moving forward in an awesome way, and if she were here it would not be possible, but I still feel cheated. I suppose that's normal for someone who has lost a child, and that feeling of being cheated will not change. Of course that does not mean that I don't feel incredibly blessed. I know that God loves all of us and has some great moments planned for the next year.

1 comment :

Briana said...

You are getting into the truly fun twin pregnancy time! It was always so funny to watch the seriously creepy alien like movements that my belly made. Enjoy those little men!