Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

One week old...

Jesse continues to do well.  Both if them just need to keep eating more and growing.  I am hoping to ask more on Friday about what he needs to do to get the c-pap off.  While I was holding Jesse I was pretty sure he was filling his diaper...sure enough he was a mess I was able to change him.  Of course in a few months from now changing a messy diaper will not be so note worthy.  Now that he's in clothes he's doing well keeping warm, so we don't have to hold him skin to skin.  I'm hoping to dress him up on Friday.


Parker is doing really well too.  He lost quite a bit of weight in the beginning. So, he's got some ground to gain before he can wear clothes too.  He continues to do well with his feedings.  When we left yesterday they had planned to feed him 26ml each feeding by the end of the day.  Hopefully he tolerates it well and his able to increase again Friday.  Parker must be doing really well because he has had nurses in training the last 2 days.  It's great to know that he's not so critical that a "rookie" can be in charge of his care.

The NICU still continues to be a challenging place for us to be.  It's getting better for me, but Todd is still stressed there.  I think he just worries about all the things to do at home.  It's much easier for me to focus on the babies.  I really hate leaving...  The better they do each day makes me more anxious to get them home.

Everyone is always asking when they will get home the truth is no one knows... I'm hoping that they will only need to be in NICU for a month.  I think they can do it.  But, it's possible it could be as long as 10weeks.

In other fun news Todd has been hired as the assistant head coach of our local HS football program.  He will be leading up the Fresh-Soph football team.  So, as if he wasn't so much before..."he's kind of a big deal" I am so proud of him.  He enjoys coaching so much and really is a great mentor of our community's youth.

1 comment :

Amy T. S. said...

They're so perfect! And yay for changing diapers - the little things that most of us take for granted.

And congrats to your husband on his new position. That sounds awesome!

*Amy

(I'm going to try to give you only one comment this time - sorry.)