Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Marching to White Eagle Camp...

This week I was inspired by a fellow blogger @ I'm living Proof God has a sense of humor...

She re-posted a blog about Summer camp & first kisses...

This week 4-h'ers from our county are gather at Camp White Eagle.

I went to camp for 4 years. I my parents could only afford to send me one year as a camper.

The other 3 years I was a counselor. Those weeks spent at camp were so much fun...

The first year I went to camp I was only years old...going on nine... I remember that my friend Deanna went as well. Our classmate Ryan also was there and his parents were "camp Mom & Dad". I did not participate too many other activities other than swimming. I even took basket weaving because that activity was in the pool...

The last night at camp there was a dance. Now remember I was 8. I had never been to any kind of dance... That night I danced with Ryan (who was homesick even though his parents were at camp...go figure)...We danced to "It must have been Love" Later in Jr. high and HS. That would be our friends song and I would pull him out on the dance floor each time the song came up...

To be continued...

No comments :