Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010
















































These pictures are from my hometown...I live here now. We only had about 12" of water in our basement and I feel very fortunate. I have seen Pearl City flood 3 times in my 30 years and this by far is the worst flooding ever. We had over 14" of rain in a 2 day period. This is a link to an article in our local paper:
Pearl City, IL is a small town of about 1000 people our pride is our school, and fortunately, it has been spared. This is the kind of place that draws you in because people care about other often more than themselves. I grew up here and each year more and more of my 50 highschool classmates come "home" to raise their families. It's funny how life does that some times...in highschool all anyone can talk about is getting out of this town. We go to college and spend a few years away and then come back home...
Please pray for our sweet little town. Homeowners here are unable to get flood insurance because Pearl City is not in a flood plain. We are told that our area has been considered a disaster area and make us able to receive emergency aid from the government, but with the state of IL on the verge of bankruptcy it may take years for anyone to receive their benefits.








No comments :